Monday, May 10, 2021

How Many Blog Views and How to Make Your Own Nylon Tricot Sheets?

A little behind the scenes viewing here.  I really have no idea how Google counts traffic on my blog.  I have a remarkably small following (something like 110 followers on mine as opposed to 40,000 viewers on puffy jacket bondage sites ) and that's ok with me.  I just want to document what once was and leave a record of some of my observations and experiences before leaving for nylon heaven someday WAY in the future.  You can see the past titles going back to Sept. 5, 2020 up to today's and last month's postings.


5 people today, 97 in the past month and a range of 426 down to 273 during this period.  I realize most of the people who do look at this site with any regularity are not necessarily even interested in Nylon Tricot and many don't even know what it is.  "Is it like lycra or something?"  I don't know if these viewing numbers are unique viewers (initial view = 1 count) or if a viewer gets counted every time they look.  This would count for the wide range of viewership as I do know Green Silkies remain the #1 interest.  Vintage nylon Ocean Champion or Dolfin suits from the 50's and 60's are the least popular.  Not a huge surprise since silkies and Ranger Panties are still being made, worn, and enjoyed and the vintage swimsuits have an obscure Smith Point following for their annual LifeGuard Competition.


Well, it's all part of my obscure, yet sexually stimulating world of nylon tricot that has been part of my life since the age of 5 and continues on a daily (and nightly) basis to this day.  My tastes, practices, and methods have changed over the years as new discoveries have been made and old favorites have faded into the past--but occasionally revived since nylon tricot will apparently last forever!


The number on the left represents how many comments each post has received.  Many of them turn into people commenting back and forth and are not necessarily anything to do with the subject of the post.  Many are just "Great Post" and that's always nice, too.




There was a good question on the April 10 blog post.  For some reason, I don't seem to be able to answer them without either divulging my real name or having to leave it anonymously.  When I do get the blog post question in my email for this site, it is often "NO REPLY" and I can't answer it.  You can always email your email (real or fake) to that site and I will answer.  I don't care if you're fake, so am I!

Anyway, someone wrote me about where to find nylon sheets and bedding.  I have posted this answer before on this site, but I have no idea when or where that was.  Nylon sheets are AMAZING and practical.  I was lucky enough to acquire a collection on eBay 20-25 years ago but have not seen any for some time.  Nylon sheets were very popular at once time--I think going back to the 50's when nylon was running rampant in men's shirts, underwear, pajamas, Speedos, and sheets.  This was an amazing time until the the cotton lobby (I have always assumed) went on a major campaign to discredit nylon that had really cut into their share of the market.  I have always maintained that a man's external sex organ always belonged in a layer or 2 of silky nylon--especially since us Americans were so big on chopping off 10-20,000 nerve endings of our baby boy cocks long before we could do anything other than scream about it.  While nylon tricot has been responsible for almost all of my orgasms since age 5, I can hardly wonder how much better it could have been if I'd had my foreskin, too?  Maybe I wouldn't have even noticed the nylon at all?  Not complaining! 


So as the Cotton Lobby chiseled away at the nylon tricot market year after year and soon just about all nylon was gone--even the double nylon crotch of a pair of women's panties had become a cancer causer.  Yeah, right!  Anyway, back to nylon sheets....the commercially made ones often had a band of lace on the top edge of the top sheet as well as the edge of the pillow case.  This may have tilted them towards the lady's side, but many of them just got packed away (some in unused condition) into the cedar chest waiting for mom to die so they could get rediscovered on eBay.  The Circle of Life.

There were fitted bottom sheets, sometimes even fitted top sheets, and matching pillow cases.  First thing to notice is that they don't stay on the bed....at all.  They actually make little clips for that but a safety pin does just as well.  As you may have learned, if one layer of nylon tricot feels good, then 2 will feel even better as it slides across your body.  So that means 2 bottom sheets to start.  Make sure they are lined up so they do slide over each other--if not, reverse them.  When placing the top sheet, try sliding each side on whatever nylon you are wearing to make sure it slides on you, as well.  You can pin all 3 layers in each bottom corner and maybe one in the middle.  Then the 2 bottom sheets at the top of the bed as well.  Similar for pillow cases--this can take awhile.  Each outer pillowcase should slide over each inner pillowcase.  Trust me, it's worth the time.  Feeling the 2 layers of silky nylon sliding on your face at night fill put you to sleep faster than Melatonin and with better dreams.  Make sure you use a safety pin on the outside edge of the pillow to secure the 2 pillow cases to the edge of the pillow to keep them from sliding off.  Once you find the 2 perfect sliding pillowcases (you will have to turn some of them inside out to get the best sliding), you can even use the safety pin to pin them together when you wash them.  Otherwise you may never figure out which 2 pillowcases belong together.  I suppose you could use Sharpies but they will eventually fade.  The first time you crawl, I mean slide, into your nylon sheets wearing your Munsingwear Tricolon vintage pajamas, you will thank me!

Ok, so they don't make the nylon sheets anymore, now what to do?

Every decent fabric store or dress fabric store will have a supply of nylon tricot on a roll.  It's used for lining from everything from coats to drapes and comes in much wider widths than normal fabric--upwards of 108 inches wide and as long as you want.  A king-size bed is only 72 " wide so that leaves you plenty for the width and the allow enough on the length to cover the mattress top side and bottom side.  Everyone knows someone who can sew a straight stitch.  You can even buy your own machine, watch a few youtube videos and be sewing that night.  If you're really uptight about this, you don't really even need to hem them.  Nylon won't unravel or tear.  Just make sure you line the nylon up correctly so it slides and buy enough safety pins--but really, just have someone sew it up.

Same issue with the pillowcases--all straight stitching.  If you're either a real klutz or extra paranoid, they do make an iron-on fuse tape that I suppose you could use for the pillowcases--just slightly better than using your desk stapler, I'd guess.  Just find someone--it's no big deal.  Your dermatologist said that the dye in cotton sheets was causing skin cancer so he suggested nylon tricot.  In fact, make sure it IS nylon tricot and not polyester (although there are some good ones out there).  Nylon is way better than satin and washes and looks better, too.  It may take some experimenting, but you'll get it.  You'll be very glad you did and will sleep better than you ever imagined.  If you have a grumpy partner who believes all the Cotton Lobby lies (it's hot and sweaty and I'll break out), get a new partner.  It's worth it.  Don't forget the nylon pajamas.  A cheap nylon nightshirt is buying a 6XL Player's nylon tricot t-shirt (white or lots of colors) off the internet.  I tried one on over my Mormon nylon garment and it's perfect over the garment and on the sheets and way cheaper than some of the ridiculous prices people are asking for vintage nylon now.

There are an amazing number of colors.  Keep to the 40 denier as it's thicker and silkier.  The 15 denier is sheer (can't see when the lights are out) and not as silky as the thicker.  Save it for your dressing gown.  Any stains, particularly of DNA origins, a few squirts of OxyClean before washing and they're gone.  Make sure dryer heat is on low.  I really like drying these outside and then a little fluffing in the dryer on no or low heat is fine.  OK men, let the sleeping and sliding begin!

P.S.  Nylon Tricot is actually fairly heavy so don't be surprised what the postage might be.   It's worth it!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember about 20 years ago when I stopped at a fabric store and bought a large piece of tricot and used it as a sheet. Some of my best loads were shot into those sheets, speedos, silkies. I admit to using a large dildo for some extra stimulus when I was alone. But I also remember it made my hookups more sexy and our sex absolutely stunning.

jw said...

Yes... introducing other men to nylon tricot has been a great way to change them over from cotton underwear.

Dan Smith said...

Just got my royal JG2 nylon bikini in the mail today. Love the old school nylon and how it cradles my package.

jw said...

Love their nylon tricot. Like to see you in them.

jw said...

Love their nylon tricot. Like to see you in them.