Tuesday, March 30, 2010

1966 U of M Swimming Team

These are some photos I found on flickr and uploaded them directly to this blog. All of these guys are wearing 100% nylon tricot suits--either early Speedos or Ocean Champion with the inner brief or Adolph Kiefer suits. The U of M started my early Speedo collection and I still have most of them.
Every one of these guys would have worn white cotton briefs for underwear and left them hanging in their expanded metal lockers in the swim team area of Cooke Hall at the U of M. They would then have slipped into one of several nylon suits they all had to either work out in or swim in. I know for sure that some of the swimmers liked wearing the nylon enough to wear them for underwear--I sure as hell did!
1966 U of M Swimming Team
Originally uploaded by Mamluke

No comments: