Sunday, May 24, 2015

Elvis Has Left His (Nylon Tricot) Briefs.....

A mini-post after yesterday's dissertation.....  What is really amazing about these briefs is not that they were Elvis' or that they framed them and sold them for thousands of dollars, but that No where in the article do they mention that they are 100% nylon tricot!  They even mention that they were made by Munsingwear but no mention that they were nylon.  We know it's not because nylon underwear is so common that it is obvious....is it because it is shameful for Elvis to have been wearing nylon tricot briefs while singing "Hunka Hunka Burnin' Love?"  Nylon briefs (and sheets, and pajamas, etc.) cost 2 to 3 times what the "normal" cotton articles cost.  They were new and hip and exclusive and even colored as opposed to the regular white cotton briefs that all other guys were forced to wear.

Funny that they even mention that the briefs were "unwashed" but not that they were nylon.  One thing I know from personal experience is that DNA stains of any kind tend to darken with age--especially in nylon tricot.  So these briefs may not have been quite so stained as they appear now.   I think I remember reading an article that referred to Elvis wearing nylon pajamas so he at least knew about and wore it.  One reason that it may not be so obvious that these are nylon tricot is that the fabric back then (particularly before Antron Nylon came along in the 70's) is that the nylon was slightly heavier, opaque, super silky and soft and had a dull finish unlike the shiny, thinner, sleazier nylon that came later.  As I've said before, Munsingwear's "Tricolon" nylon tricot was about the best ever--and made in my former home State of Minnesota.




What all guys used to have to wear.  I was already keeping a log of what brand of cotton briefs that guys wore while I was still in grade school.  I had been sliding nylon panties on my little (then) dick since 5 and have this sort of "reverse fetish" for white cotton briefs to this day.  Not that I would wear them, but it's a kind of "I get to wear nylon tricot and you have to wear cotton" sort of thing.  Unfortunately I got to have the crap beaten out of me for wearing nylon tricot (then) so I guess it was all beaten into me for good!  Elvis is wearing a brand called Healthknit that had that strange sort of oval fly opening.  Guessing the middle guy looks like he is in JCP Towncraft with the dash line waistband (a super turn on).  You can also see the flat seams that they used on the first pair.

It's kind of sad to think he may only have chosen them so he wouldn't have any VPLs under his white jumpsuit.  I would think you would still be able to see a slight outline even with these briefs.  I'd like to think he chose them because they were silky nylon tricot.

I wonder how many framed nylon briefs there are out there in the world anyway?  I certainly wouldn't want them under glass and unavailable. for use that way.  I could see having some "In Case of Emergency, Break Glass" ones (for a desperate desire to have to jerk off into some nylon immediately) but then you'd have to worry about glass splinters in the nylon after breaking the glass so better just to keep a couple of pair in your glove compartment for those "emergency" needs.  Better yet, just keep your tank drained into nylon tricot and avoid those kinds of situations in the first place.  (that would be ha, ha in case you don't get my humor....)

No comments: